December 7th 2012
Next generation WIMAX and Long Term Evolution (LTE) Fiber To The Antenna (FTTA) connectivity designs require rugged cable assemblies for outdoor use. For direct connection these cable assemblies need to plug directly into the optical transceivers though a bulkhead construction.
For this specific application the connector design will need to accommodate for a large tolerance in Z-direction. Furthermore the connector shell needs to allow for easy one handed mating. The TE Connectivity FullAXS connector systems were designed to function with a very large Z-axis tolerance, hence accommodating for the broadest range of transceivers on the market. This unique feature will allow end users to pick almost any transceiver they wish.
- Open bulkhead for easy access to SFP
- Positive mechanical feedback to operator when fully mated
- One-hand mating
- Duplex LC interface
- Robust bayonet locking for easy, fast, and secure mating
- Water proof, dust proof and corrosion resistant.
- Expansion to RJ45 and power possible
- Cost effective metal die casted bulkhead
- WIMAX and LTE Base Stations
- Remote Radio Heads (RRH)
- Industrial outdoor applications
- Aerospace & Defense
FullAXS Connector Sealing System Product videoLike this Leave a comment