Deadline for registration is extended to 1 March. Deadline for submitting completed project is extended to 10 May.
DesignSpark is inviting you to be creative and innovative in the field of connectivity in embedded systems.
Participants in this competition must use Microchip chipKIT™ UNO32 development board (MPN: TDGL002) to design an extension board (developed using DesignSpark PCB tools) to perform connectivity function.
DesignSpark chipKIT™ Challenge (Asia) is opened to the countries in the following regions:
[region 1] Greater China (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan)
[region 2] Japan
[region 3] Australasia (Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines)
- A Microchip chipKIT™ UNO32 development board will be given FREE to the 5 best design proposals per region
- Two prizes:
- One Champion Award per region - USD 1100 in cash or item of equivalent value
- One Excellence Award per region - USD 700 in cash or item of equivalent value
* Subject to terms and conditions of competition.
To register for DesignSpark chipKIT™ Challenge (Asia), participant must
- To design a connectivity solution. Read more examples of applications on connectivity here.
- To use Microchip chipKIT™ UNO32 development board (MPN: TDGL002) to design an extension board. PCB layout must be done using DesignSpark PCB (download here)
- Submission in local languages is acceptable:
- Greater China: Chinese or English
- Japan: Japanese or English
- Australasia: English only
- Submit proposal detailing design solutions to email@example.com by 1st of March
- Create a knowledge item to share the progress of project (For tags, you must select “Development Kits - Electronics>Microcontroller Dev Kits>Chipkit connect” from Applications)
- Upload design files as a knowledge item (For tags, you must select “Development Kits - Electronics>Microcontroller Dev Kits>Chipkit connect” from Applications)
- Submit completed project to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th of May
NOTE: After 1st of March, DesignSpark will select the best 5 connectivity proposals from each region. The selected proposals will win a Microchip chipKIT™ UNO32 development kit.
Submission of registration form and proposal: by 1st March, 2013 18:00 HKT
Submission of completed project: by 10th May 2013 18:00 HKT
Terms and conditions:
For full competition details, please click here
- Ask a question to the DesignSpark community
- Become a member of the DesignSpark community
- Register for the DesignSpark chipKIT™ Challenge for connectivity
- DesignSpark PCB information
- Download DesignSpark PCB
- DesignSpark chipKIT™ Challenge terms and conditions
- Microchip wired and wireless connectivity solutions
- Examples of applications on connectivity
1 likeLike this Leave a comment